Detroit SEC Lawyers Providing Complete RIA Registration and Compliance Services Nationwide
You need to do it right the first time. Mistakes in preparing your Form ADV and other filing materials, as well as written supervisory procedures, which do not reflect the realities of your business can cost you in terms of regulatory problems and legal issues with investors.
The Hertz Schram, P.C. Securities Team provides all necessary services to help your entity register as an investment advisor with the SEC or state securities regulators. Our Michigan SEC lawyers will guide you every step of the way through the registration process, preparing your registration documents, and serving as your first point of contact with the SEC or state securities regulators. Particularly as you complete your first year of business and your inaugural SEC audit comes due, we help you best prepare so that this process is an opportunity to demonstrate a "tone at the top" and ongoing "culture of compliance" that the regulators will respect.
Strong securities law representation in Michigan, Florida and across the United States.
Providing Complete RIA Registration Services
Our comprehensive registration services include:
- Initial planning: We interview your firm's principals to outline and solidify its business goals and determine any potential conflicts of interest so that we may provide the best guidance as you begin your registration process.
- Entitlement forms: We prepare all FINRA Entitlement applications for the Investment Advisory Representative Depository (IARD)/Web Central Registration Depository (CRD) accounts needed to complete your self-regulatory organization (SRO) application as an RIA. We also provide ongoing training regarding updates to these forms and maintenance on IARD/Web CRD electronic systems.
- Form ADV: We prepare all necessary Form ADV materials, including Part IA, Part IB, Part II, Schedules A through D, and Schedule F to most accurately reflect your entity's business model and post them to the IARD system.
- FINRA Form U-4: We help you to quickly and properly register each Investment Advisory Representative (IAR) applicant of your firm, confirming that their individual disclosures are consistent with your entity's Form ADV disclosures.
- State notice filing: As you seek SEC registration, we advise you as to which, if any, states would require notice filing in conjunction with your initial federal filing, and complete such applications for posting to the IARD system.
- Series 65 exam windows and waivers: We help you complete the FINRA Form U10 needed to open Series 65 exam window for IAR applicants and schedule Series 65 test date with the appropriate testing center. We also advise IAR applicants seeking exemptions to their state's Series 65 requirements, and communicate with state securities regulators on their behalf.
We Take the Burden Off Your Shoulders
While the complexities and time involved in this process can vary depending on whether you register your entity with the SEC or in several states, the number of independent advisor representatives in your firm and the types of services you plan to offer investors, the Hertz Schram, P.C. Securities Team, consisting of former Investment Advisory (IA) compliance personnel and general counsel, has the resources and expertise to help you get the job done efficiently while saving on unnecessary and burdensome costs. We are also there to act as an ongoing liaison with state and federal regulators so that you can focus on what matters to you most: doing business.
Call for a Free Initial Consultation
Contact our office today to discuss your SEC compliance questions with one of our nationwide registered investment advisor defense attorneys. You can reach our firm by phone at 248-952-8718, toll free at 800-653-0593 or via e-mail.